Friday, August 28, 2009
My Son's Birthday Meal- Coooked And Catered By Moi!
For years, we would take our sons out on their birthday, to any restaurant they wanted.. Lately we changed that tradition to having a meal at my house- anything they wanted! My youngest, Craig (aka CraigO, CraigoEggo, CODY-Craig Owen DeYoung!)Loves to eat, and picked out the following menu;
1. Appetizer.. Italian sausage stuffed mushrooms with smoked Provolone cheese.
2. Fresh asparagus, steamed.
3. Roasted redskin potatoes, with gravy.
4. Thick, top round roast- done as a pot roast for 3-1/2 hrs.
5. Sourdough bread, butter or honey on top.
6. Caramel-cinnamon apple crisp, with vanilla bean ice cream.
All came out as planned, with no missteps! His girlfriend was in attendance, and enjoyed what he did!
He loves our Airedale, Clara, and was putting her out to do what dogs do, spied a large, white object by the side of our house... He comes back in and says "Look what I found!" It was a moisture-laden Puffball mushroom, perfectly sized for slicing and eating soon! Hope you enjoy the photos, and figure out which is which!
We suspend serious talks when celebrating birthdays around here, as it is guaranteed to ruin a good time on a day when I believe you should celebrate your life!
A good week-end is what I wish to all of you!
P.S.- Wish you were here DogB- I know your love of mushrooms from the wilderness! Your home made beer, my shrooms.. what a great feast! All girls and boys who visit are welcome too!