I have wonderful people who I blog with, but there was a time..long ago... when the world did not blog..(Imagine us all dressed in hides or uncured animal skin- around a campfire.. and the Old Fart, who tells the Tales, and teaches reading the signs of how old the buffalo crap is- and where that herd is headed, is speaking..)Got your attention? Good!
I have noticed a lot of young couples, who have young children show up here and comment. I loved that time of my life, and understand many of you young women that are tied to house and children, loving being a Mom, but still trying to be an individual too.. This was one of the ways we sought to remember, while we had children- we were still adults, and people too!
I organized a "Supper Club".. The format was as follows:
1. Total of 6 couples, 4 couples per month, in rotation..
2. Couple at top of list had to pick out, and make reservations for 4 couples(8) when it was their turn.
3. We would alert the restaurant what we were doing, and would be graded against the other restaurants picked by the other couples. No restaurant could be picked more than once.
4. If you could not attend, the next person in line got to go.
5. They were graded by couples attending that night on:
B. Choices on menu.
D. Execution of dish.
E. Overall Experience of Evening.
It was a tremendous success! Everyone loved getting out,dressing up, being spoiled, and being adults(but still parents, as conversations ran to kids!), it was a pleasant interlude between work, duties at home, and helping us remember- we were people too!
Life is a balancing act, between marriage, kids, jobs, and stuff you didn't see coming!
Last night, I brought cheesecake to my bud going though chemo.. he was whupped, but hung in there- his wife and both grown kids were there(known all 30++ years!). Had fun, talked about the old days when we were so young, cancer was what somebody else died of.. Never once talked of it, as only an idiot would have..
Have good times and remember them- as they may not pass your way again..