As I grow older, I have been pondering the changes age does to you. When young, I had a hard time understanding why older people acted older when they got older(follow all that?).. I figured I would never see life from an old fart point of view! Well, age changes your values, your goals, and sadly some dreams you may have had of the future, will not ever materialize... Good things happen, to all of us- appreciate them! Bad things happen to us all, too- learn from them, and have empathy for others when bad times come their way..
The Mini-Meme today:
1. Who do you think you were? (What were you growing up?)
2. You do you think you are today?(What do you think you are now?)
3. Who do you think you will be? (What do you want to accomplish before you die?)
I'll go first- 1. A smart, active kid- an over-achiever, who always wanted to win or excel.
2. A person who has done a decent job of succeeding in my career of 35 yrs., but is a little burned out mentally and physically. A family man whose family grew up. Not a Grampa yet- maybe never...
3. A person that will never retire, but will do many other things less lucrative than current career. Will never stop learning, or teaching if anyone is willing to listen..
Looking forward to your answers!