Sunday, February 10, 2008
0 Degrees F- Time For Comfort Food, Pot Roast!
After seeing the weather report for today, we decided having the oven on for 3- 3-1/2 hrs. wouldn't feel too bad! My version of Beef Chuck roast pot roast coming up!
1. Lay a large piece of heavy duty aluminum foil flat, enough to cover and wrap your roast easily, without any air holes.
2. Spread seasonings (I use Mrs. Dash Original, and Lawrys seasoned salt!) onto alum foil. Lay beef roast onto that, then season with same, until coated.
3. Put one can of cream of something soup( I used celery) spread over top of roast. Then sprinkle 1 envelope of dry brown gravy mix over all.
4. Top with thin sliced onion strips (about half-cup), and wrap carefully but so it will seal without leaks. Place in pan.
5. Bake for 3-1/2 hrs at 300- 320 F .
6. Remove from oven, and open one end of wrap- enough to pour out gravy you just made! Pour into a pan, and thicken (with flour mixed with cold water)if needed.
7. This should be falling apart tender, with great flavor. Serve with potatoes, pasta, or rice!
Today, we're having that with small yukon gold potatoes, seasoned with garlic and rosemary, along with some decent French style bread. Fudge browies for dessert- I was lazy today!