Ad

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Loose Ends Tied, Made It To Weekend

After more time than it seemed worth, my son is now back in a car! Searched newspapers, magazines, and the Internet. Looked at car lots(alot of them!). Finally, he hit a search engine that showed some rides we hadn't seen before. Private party, test drive, some hard questions, and then the haggling. In one fell swoop two cars came off my insurance, along with one driver! He got a preety sharp car! It's a black Dodge Intrepid ES ,3.3L( the good motor!) leather, 2-way auto transmission, premium sound system, short answer- loaded. Now we can get back to what passes for normal around here!
Last night made it down to the club-first Friday in a long time! Two friends of ours were celebrating their birthdays, and this is where it gets a little humorous... Kevin and Mike are exactly 10yrs apart in age, both happily married(to women!). Mikes' wife works office in a bakery, so she had a cake made up w/both their names on it. Both guys will drink about any kind of drink, and were doing just that when I came up to the table. This is what I see; a cake with 2 guys names on it, the 2 guys drinking purple hooters. I'm not homophobic but it looked kinda gay to me! I mentioned this, which wives thought was way funnier than the guys did. It kicked off an entertaining conversation with stories about things not being as they appeared!
Another weather report telling us more snow on the way-great! Looks like quite a bit of the country is gonna get something unusual, so be careful out there!

5 comments:

Christo Gonzales said...

that is funny, would be even funnier if they had on matching flannel shirts...

Lynda said...

Man, I wish you had pictures to post. LOL

Lynda said...

Oh, and what kind of drink is a purple hooter?

Lynda said...

Never mind. I found it! LOL. Definitely something I wouldn't enjoy.

Do you think next year they will ask for separate cakes. HAHAAHA!

Jen said...

mmmmm cake!