Ad

Friday, October 13, 2006

A Meeting With The President!

Of our company, that is! I work for a corporation that has about 45 locations, and sells about 900+million a year. The last time we had a lengthy talk was the day I was hired-about 6-1/2 yrs ago. They are interviewing random sales folk on various subjects in hopes of improving the situation for both company and us. I was not selected. I was anonomously nomitated to him by either someone who knows my big mouth gets me into trouble every time, or by someone who knew I would be honest in my comments. It lasted 2hrs and was not as bad as I thought it would be! The Pres & V.P. were cordial and listened more than I thought possible. I got a chance to let them know I used to be (with another co.) a person that was consulted regularly and had a more active role in the decision-making process. We will see what happens. As they didn't fire me on the spot, I'm hopeful! It's Friday in Michigan and time to buy my Lotto ticket! I call it retirement plan "B". You wouldn't think matching 6 crappy numbers would be that hard, would you?!

4 comments:

Lynda said...

That lottery thing would work really well if there were only 6 numbers to choose from of the 6 numbers picked.

Matthew Iverson said...

Gerald Ford: Say, Homer, do you like football?
Homer Simpson: Do I ever!
Gerald Ford: Do you like nachos?
Homer Simpson: Yes, Mr. President.
Gerald Ford: Well, why don't you come over and watch the game and we'll have nachos, and then some beer.
(Homer and Ford cross the street together.)
Homer: Jerry, I think you and I are going to get along just---
(They both trip in Ford's driveway)
Homer & Ford: D'oh! (edit)

Kayla said...

It took me probably 2 years before I could sit down one on one with my boss and enjoy it.
Found out he is a nice decent man.
Imagine that?!
haha
Good luck on the lotto!

LunaChick said...

I am sure they valued your time more than you can imagine. It's nice to see that corporate America still takes the time to gain insight and opinion from their best :)
If you win the lottery, I don't suppose you would be interested in buying any MSU paraphernalia, would ya?
Mine is ALL going up on E-bay.
Yup, you guessed it.
YM returned to work this morning.
The puter is MINE. All M-I-N-E MINE!!!