Ad

Friday, June 02, 2006

Oldest fan of South Park?

I'm still finding out a blog works, and in one of my explorations, found you could reference other sites by the profile info. In a quick check, it appears people my age or thereabouts don't either watch or (horrors!) like South Park! I happen to think having a wide ranging sense of humor makes for life enhancing moments. All of Matt&Treys' stuff isn't funny, but a heck alot of it is! Up to date lampooning of current events in a series is unusual to say the least-and they don't appear to fear taking on anyone! I have tried to explain this to some of my same-age friends, who listen politely-then roll their eyes when my back is turned. Joke telling is a lost art, thanks to the Internet. People who never could tell a joke, just e-mail lists of them to each other. Not the same! Losing our verbal story-telling heritage to technology! Tell someone a joke today, badly or otherwise. For old times' sake.

2 comments:

Matthew Iverson said...

Keep in mind that you are one of a very few elite -- most people over 30 don't know what a blog is much less operate one. I'm sure that'll change, but for now you are riding the crest of a strange and largely young wave.

buffalodick said...

They just won a "Peabody"! Now most people my age have two things not to know about; South Park and Peabody Awards!