Monday, February 08, 2010
Beef Brisket And Burger Stove Top Chili
First, this is NOT my Buffalo Dick's competition chili! This is home chili, using what good ingredients I have on hand! I use basic ingredients integral to my first string chili, but with certain variations....
In a large pot, place the following:
1. 1 can diced tomatoes
2. 1 can red beans, drained
3. 1 medium onion, diced large
4. 1 blanched tomato, skin off, chopped
5. 1 can beef broth, 6 oz. of V-8 juice, 4oz of POM pomegranate pure juice
6. 2 chopped Jalapeno peppers, diced fine
7. 4 tablespoons of mild dark chili powder
8. 2 " " chopped garlic
9. 1 " " Mexican oregano
10. Start all this on stove top until simmering
11. Brown 1LB. ground beef, seasoned with chili powder, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, ground, toasted cumin to taste.. to sweeten a bit use brown sugar, or some jelly, honey, etc.( about 1 big tablespoon)
12. Drain and add to chili
13. Add chopped beef brisket(already cooked)
14. Simmer all until tender, uncovered until proper thickness
15. Add 1 tablespoon of Cholula(Pequin pepper) hot sauce, and 1 teaspoon of cumin 20 min. before serving
16. Top with a soft mild cheese(shredded) with a side of Tortilla chips..
The people at POM were kind enough to send out samples of their fine product to me. I incorporated it into a delicious chili, and plan to do a salsa and BBQ sauce using it also!