Ad

Thursday, November 01, 2007

It Was Halloween And We Saw The Least Scariest Thing There Is!



A rainbow! On Halloween! In Michigan! Not just a rainbow, it was a perfectly shaped, multi-colored, Hollywood movie rainbow.
After getting home from work and having a bite to eat, we normally turn on the porch light, and light the pumpkin to let all know we are open for the business of Candy Donation. In Michigan, we're talking about 6:20PM or thereabouts- it's dark, but not night time dark, and the little kids usually go earlier than the teenagers. We had a couple of hits for candy, when my wife calls to me and says "You've got to see this!" "What is it?" I asked. "A rainbow", she stated rather matter-of-factly. I checked to see if I had heard her right, then came running with the camera! At 6:36PM , Oct. 31, 2007, Grand Rapids had a perfect arc rainbow- and in 50+ yrs of living here, I had never seen one that magnificent! It was the talk of the night, with many commenting on it even the next day. Rainbows aren't that common around here, especially this late in the year. Obiviously it had rained a little, shrinking the number of kids we got at the door for candy. Still, we had about 65, mostly older kids. A few of the "tykes" were wearing low cut costumes and had cleavage, for cryin' out loud! New rule next year: If you're driving yourself house to house for candy treats- you're too old!

21 comments:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Gorgeous pics! Had to laugh at your "too old to trick or treat" wrap up, imagining trick or treaters just pulling up to the driveway and honking the horn.

Anonymous said...

Breath takingly beautiful! ;-)
I know how you feel, last summer I took a shot in my backyard of a double rainbow, I was soooo taken by it!

Odat said...

Wow..how lucky was that huh?
I always feel great when I see a rainbow...I wonder why they have that effect.
LOL at the crew of trick or treaters you got.
Peace

Casdok said...

Wow thats beautiful!!

Mike Minzes said...

A rainbow on Halloween????

Shocking....but not scary at all!!

Jen said...

Now that's a nice Halloween treat!!! I agree, some kids just don't know when to stop trick-or-treating. But really, it's free candy were talking here, can you blame them?

Christo Gonzales said...

beautiful shots I must have been so nice to see....

Angel said...

I love rainbows and when you find the Perfect one...it's all the better.

Real Live Lesbian said...

Wowza! You lucky dog! Great photo, too! I always screw up the rainbow pics somehow and they look like a smear across the sky.

Agree on the driving yourself to trick or treat. At the very least they should bring along a kiddie to make it look right!

Queenie said...

My weekness is rainbows, have pics of them all over the place (my nan told me their lucky). This one was really weird though, hope it brings you and your family tons of luck. So I'm to old to trick or treat then??????

Annelisa said...

That sure is a lovely rainbow!! We had one similar a couple of weeks ago - a bright, clear, complete arch of a double rainbow - it was superb!!

Thanks for stopping by mine today!! :-)

Akelamalu said...

That's amazing - fantastic photos!

Driving round for candy with cleavage? No Way!

buffalodick said...

gnightg- Guys well thru voice change, girls dressed like sleezes-jeez...
nancyb- spooky story: Later next day we found out someone we know had died 10 minutes before the rainbow came out...
odat- Memorable night , to be sure..
casdok- It really was a perfect arc...
mike m- Never seen one here that late in year!
jen- If they'd dress like Holly Hobbie instead of Ida Ho....
DogB- 5 minutes after picture, it was gone....
Beth- Usually up here we just endure the weather and don't talk about it....
R.L.L.- You know when trick or treat is over, the cars quit crawling thru the neighborhood and start flying thru like "normal"!
Queenie- Just carry the sign "I Will Show Cleavage For Candy!"...
annelisa- Welcome to the blog! I'll ck it out..
ake- I have mixed feelings about this! Was I wrong to notice cleavage (like I wouldn't-Ha!), or were they wrong to show it?

Mel said...

I havent seen a good rainbow in forever it seems and I can never get a good picture! So pretty!

Mona said...

Wow! a rainbow is always amazing to watch & you an never have enough of the view!

You will not believe it, I once saw three rainbows at once in the sky! it was such a rare phenomenon. One was so clear & bright, the other two were a little paler. But it was spectacular!

HAR said...

I have never seen a real rainbow before. The pics are great.

HAR said...

I have never seen a real rainbow before. The pics are great.

Akelamalu said...

Errm cleavage for candy is wrong, cleavage for a bottle of wine can be excused! ;)

Rick Rockhill said...

very cool pics...you must have a great camera!

buffalodick said...

mel- I guess good rainbows make for good photos!
Mona- Saw a partial double one once, never 3!
har- You gotta look up more!
Ake- Candy's dandy, but liquor's quicker!
P.S.S.- Welcome to the blog! Camera is a Canon Powershot A-80 4 mp digital-by the latest standards, pretty ordinary!

TMI Queen said...

Everyone's gotta whore themselves out for some candy. You'd think cleavage would earn you extra? lol