Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Mini-Meme! Food Likes And Dislikes...
Monday we looked forward to having "Cuban Midnight" sandwiches. They are a small sandwich, that traditionally has Thinly sliced roast pork, sliced ham, Swiss cheese, dill pickles, mustard, and mayo- all on a fresh elongated roll, grilled in a panini press(or equivalent device!). By the picture posted, you would swear we had a wonderful sandwich- but that would be wrong! The bread we found was a tasteless garlic roll, too hard and too dry to do the sandwich justice. The pork and ham were actually on the bland side, with the baby Swiss crumbly- because the deli had frozen it at some time in it's life! Oh well, live and learn.... Oh by the way, if you're wondering what grill I use, it's a Cuisinart Griddler! Two sets of grates, heat controls, adjustable for thick sandwiches- it's like a George Foreman Uber Grill!
Today's Meme couldn't be easier! List your three favorite foods, then list three foods you don't ever plan on eating ever again! Explanations are welcome! I'll go first;
1. Chili dogs- once a week, minimum!
2. Grilled cheese sandwich- when nothing sounds good, this does...
3. BB-Qed baby back pork ribs- seasoned, tender, and sauced!
1. Brussels Sprouts- smells worse than they taste( to me!)
2. Cream of Wheat- a non-event, with a nasty texture!
3. Peas- I will eat pea pods any day, but even my dogs won't eat peas....