Ad

Saturday, May 05, 2007

My 100th Post- Hard To Believe!

When I created a blog about a year ago, it was done primarily to be able to occasionally communicate with my son who lives in Kansas City, MO. In order to post on his blog, I had to have one too. So with limited computer skills, and definitely rusty writing skills I set one up and found something new and interesting-blogging with all you out there! I have not learned to post pictures yet- but I will! I certainly enjoy the postings that have visuals to go along with some pretty good writing.
Last night I took my wife(was her last day at her now ex- employer!) down to a private social club I have mentioned we are fairly active in. It was good therapy for her, as she had a few rum & cokes and talked to numerous friends about her change in status. It is good to have friends always, but in times of bad luck or change they can be a real asset. We stayed 2hrs past our usual departure time(place is only 7 minutes from our house) and slept in a little bit later than normal. Tuesday a friend and myself will buy, schepp, and cook for about 120 guys down at the club. It's an annual thing he and I do, so gotta come up with a menu today! Always Deviled eggs, meatballs- but what else......

15 comments:

snowelf said...

Happy 100th Uncle Buff :)

And look, you even gained a new family member through blogging. Who knew!?!

Hee hee!

--snow

Megan said...

Happy 100th!

You and cooking for the masses. Have you ever thought of going pro?

DutchBitch said...

Congrats babe! Today is my 1 year Blogaversary!

Glad you took the wife out and you had such a good time!

buffalodick said...

Snow- You are a sweetheart! Keep listening to your new-found uncle, as I never had a daughter (Good reason for this- God knows I would have kicked the crap out of anyone who ever even made her cry!)! My favorite niece(in Michigan!) always introduces me "This is my Crazy Uncle Dick". Her children think I'm pretty nuts too- a guy with a dog that looks like a hairy dragon, and says stuff most adults have forgotten.....
Finn- If there was any money in it I would!
DutchBabe- I saw you liked my product design!

urban vegan said...

congrats on your 100th post! and I completely understand how friends would help your wife through her situation. and she will get through it.

Christo Gonzales said...

lets see...menu items..hmmm
bread wrapped sausages
have a taco bar and let people make their own..
your famous chile
sushi rolls of various ingredients (they are so easy)
as I think fo more I will post comments

pinknest said...

congrats on the 100th! you must celebrate with something edible. :)

Michelle Ann said...

Congrats! Now we need a post with some pictures....we need to see the great Buffalo.

Incrediblyirrational said...

than you fordropping by!!

meat balls!!!i assume you are extending an invitation!! ;P

Christo Gonzales said...

Roti...make roti

buffalodick said...

To All-Thanks for the well wishes!
DogB-Menu set, nothing wild that's for sure!

Christo Gonzales said...

so whats the menu..I have been dying to know

buffalodick said...

Boring would describe it pretty well-200 deviled eggs(halfs), meatballs in a burgundy/herb/brown gravy, The Eternal Ham and Cheese on a Bun,a jacked up potato salad, olives,pickles,condiments, and potato chips. As the club pays for it, and it's free to the attending members at the meeting tonight, we can't blow too much dough!

Jen said...

Congrats! Can't wait for the pictures!!

Lynda said...

I bet the social club really got her mind off of things. Sounds like a good remedy.

I am glad you started blogging. I can help you with pictures, if you want. If you take digital pictures, it is pretty easy.