Ad

Friday, March 09, 2007

A Full, But Odd Day Coming At Me...

Tomorrow, I must leave the house by 8am and head for a KCBS(Kansas City BB-Q Society) judging seminar. I don't plan on being a judge, I'm going for the knowledge of what a judge is looking for when I am trying to place more often and higher in the competitions! It will be held locally, and I expect to see alot of my competitors there for the same reason I am attending. A friend of mine organized it, so he appreciated the support from me and others, as he is trying to move up in the KCBS. I am pretty sure there will be food to judge!
Later, I must attend the old musical "Oklahoma" w/wife & relatives. Yeee F**kin Haaa! I'm sure it will be more entertaining than what I can imagine... The Movie version struck me as pretty gay even before I knew about such things...
Well, brown rice is a-cookin, and time to put the steaks in the broiler-Have a good one this weekend!

14 comments:

Christo Gonzales said...

Buffalo it all sounds like a good time...how cool to get inside scoop on judging criteria..

Jen said...

Sounds like fun. I loved Oklahoma! But then again I saw it for the first time as a kid and I loved musicals then, so what can I say.

buffalodick said...

DoggyB- The class really was worthwhile, but didn't know we were going to be judging real BBQ today! 3 different portions of each: pork ribs,chicken,pulled pork and beef brisket. I am so stuffed I'm not going to the musical tonight!
Jen-Guess I'll have to wait to see it now...

Christo Gonzales said...

buffyB: wow mixing meats youmust be beat.

Sornie said...

The BBQ part sounds mucho appealing to me, I've got my mind set on building a smoker so I can make my own BQ rather than drive 100 miles to the BBQ joint an old friend owns.

buffalodick said...

DogB-It was unbelievable! There was a time (3-1/2 minutes) where I never wanted to see meat again!
sornie-Once you get into smoking and genuine BBQ, buying it from someone else is almost always a let-down...

DutchBitch said...

So what kinda thing would a BBQ society be judging... the actual BBQ products or the tight asses of the people BBQ-ing? Or both?

buffalodick said...

DutchB- Sounds like you're getting a little cranky stuck on that island!
Judges judge the food only. They are not allowed to even talk with the cooks, or know whos' BB-Q is whos'.

Tanya Kristine said...

that is pretty gay, but did you have fun?

snowelf said...

Uncle Buff...With the mention of Oklahoma and the way you wrote "a-cooking", I was worried you were going to break into song! :P

--snow

pinknest said...

oh i'm so jealous you get to go to this judging!!! it sounds so fun.

buffalodick said...

TanyaK-Didn't go to musical, about 2lbs of undigested BBQ prevented it!
Snow- You and all around you better hope I never break into song! No one you will ever meet loves music more than I- and no one you have ever met has less talent!
Pink! You would make a great judge at these events! You know good looking/tasting food, you can eat more than any guy weighing twice as much as you, and would still be kind to the losers!

Eve said...

Yum! What's your specialty? I would love to eat some barbecue right now...

SaM-GiRL said...

Just act like ur gay when you go see it... Im sure that would make it more entertaining. lol.